Monday, October 27, 2008

openiboot booting!


Well, it's booting. Sort of.

I had some trouble getting the flashed version of it to work because for some reason, 0x0 was not mapped to 0x18000000 when openiboot was loaded. Since all the exception vectors are at 0x18000000, bad ones were being called whenever there was any sort of interrupt. Basically, I just said screw it and rebased the whole program into 0x0. It will basically overwrite whatever exception vector is currently running without worrying about the MMU and such. However, this basically does imply that I don't really understand how the MMU works, so that will have to be fixed.

The end result is what you see above.

The other major roadblock is that the gamma tables remain broken. Even after I chainload iBEC or iBoot over openiboot (as I have done there). The OS boots and everything... just with some really psychadelic colors. =P

So LCD remains a big problem and so does the MMU. But hey, it boots and works (sort of).

Update: LCD now partially fixed. I still need to figure out how to turn the backlight on, but at least chainloaded iPhone OS has normal colors now. =P