Thursday, May 20, 2010

iPhone 3G binaries!

I wrote up a how-to for PC World on how to put Android on the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 2G and it went up today. I wanted to be there to tweet about it when it went up, but I've been keeping really strange hours lately and I wasn't awake for it when it went up.

But here are the binaries (for iPhone 3G, and for iPhone 2G), graciously hosted by PC World!

Please read the how-to that I wrote for PC World to on installing it. The steps are basically the same as before, except you can put the firmware in a directory on the iPhone OS data partition. This means that you don't have to modify the ext2 partition as before.

One thing I didn't mention is that you could perform the installation on OS X without a Linux VM if you recompile loadibec and oibc. Otherwise, the directions are the same.